Creamy Blueberry and Coconut Gateau
IngredientsFor the base:
200 g cashew nuts
200 g SUNSWEET prunes
30 g coconut flakes
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the coconut layer:
100 g cashew nuts, soaked for at least 3 hrs
300 ml coconut milk
A pinch of ground vanilla
1 tbsp coconut oil
For the blueberry layer:
150 g frozen blueberries
4 SUNSWEET prunes soaked
For the chia jam:
200 g frozen blueberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
100 g fresh blueberries
2 tbsp coconut flakes
1 SUNSWEET prune
1 spring-form cake tin (18 cm diameter)
Baking paper for the tin
- For the coconut layer, put 100 g of cashew nuts in a bowl, cover with water and allow to soak for at least 3 hrs. Then drain the cashew nuts in a sieve and spray-wash them thoroughly.
- For the base, put the remaining cashew nuts (200 g), 200 g of prunes, coconut flakes and 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a food processor and mix to form a smooth ball. Line the spring-form cake tin with baking paper and press the mixture into the tin and allow to rest in the fridge for an hour.
- For the coconut layer, mix the soaked cashew nuts with the coconut milk, ground vanilla and coconut oil in a food processor until creamy. Spread half the coconut layer on the base with a spoon or spatula, spread over smoothly and put in the freezer for at least 3 hours. Put the other half of the coconut layer aside – it will be used for the blueberry layer (see next step). In the meantime, soak 4 prunes for the blueberry layer; thaw out the frozen blueberries for the blueberry layer and the chia jam (altogether 350 g).
- Mix the other half of the coconut layer with the soaked prunes and 150 g of blueberries. Pour over the coconut layer and also put in the freezer for at least 3 hrs.
- For the chia jam, mix or purée 200 g blueberries with 1 tbsp chia seeds. Pour over the blueberry layer and again put in the freezer for at least 3 hrs.
- Allow the gateau to thaw out at least 1 hour before eating. Decorate with fresh blueberries, coconut flakes and one finely chopped prune. Then cut into slices.
- You can keep any remaining gateau in the freezer. Allow the gateau to thaw out about 1 hour before eating.
Desserts and Sweet Treats, LP Bone Health,
["New Recipe","Vegetarian/Meatless","Under 500 calories"]9, 27,