Ingredients100 g SUNSWEET prunes
40 ml water
100 g ground blanched almonds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (medium)
100 g soft butter
60 g ricotta cheese
24 small paper baking cases
1 muffin baking tray with 24 holes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C).
- Cut 4 prunes into 6 rough chunks each. Place the 24 chunks on one side. Blend the remaining prunes with 40 ml water in a high container.
- Mix the almonds, cinnamon, ground vanilla and baking powder.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter and ricotta cheese. Stir in the almond mixture and prune puree and leave to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture equally among the 24 paper baking cases and smooth the tops with moistened hands. Place a chunk of prune on top of each muffin. Place the paper cases in the holes of a muffin baking tray.
- Bake in the centre of a hot oven for 15-18 minutes, remove and cool on a wire rack.
Breakfast, Desserts and Sweet Treats, LP Bone Health,
["Vegetarian/Meatless","Under 500 calories"]4, 9, 27,