Mocha mousse chocolate & prune pots
Ingredients6 tbsp hot strong black coffee (freshly brewed)
175g SUNSWEET pitted prunes, chopped
2 cardamom pods, husks discarded, seeds crushed
300g plain chocolate, broken into pieces (70% cocoa solids)
4 large eggs, separated
- Take the freshly made coffee and pour over the prunes and cardamom in a bowl. Set aside for half an hour to cool down and allow the prunes to soak up most of the liquid.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, make sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Blend the prunes into a smooth paste with a hand-held blender (or you can use a food processor) and then beat in the egg yolks and then stir into the melted chocolate, a spoonful at a time.
- Place the egg whites in a large clean, glass bowl and using a balloon whisk or hand-held electric mixer, whisk to form soft peaks. Sprinkle in the sugar and continue to beat until glossy.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form and then fold into the chocolate mixture. Take a spoonful of the egg whites and stir into the chocolate mixture. Carefully fold the rest of the egg whites, make sure you don't knock out too much air. Spoon into 8 x 100ml ramekins or serving glasses and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight is best before serving.
Desserts and Sweet Treats, LP Fat Replacement,