Baked Prune Whip
Ingredients175g SUNSWEET prunes
240ml SUNSWEET Prune Juice or water
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp almond extract
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180°C and butter a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- Cook prunes in desired liquid for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain excess liquid.
- Press through a fine mesh sieve using the back of a wooden spoon until most of the prunes have been pressed through. Stir in lemon juice and almond extract.
- Beat egg whites and salt in a bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Carefully fold in prune purée until very few streaks remain.
- Spoon mixture into buttered dish. Place dish in a pan with several inches of hot water and cook for 45–55 minutes. Best served immediately.
LP Gluten Free, LP Prune Juice Recipes,
["Vegetarian/Meatless","Gluten Free","Under 500 calories"]26, 30,