IngredientsFor prune puree:
100g SUNSWEET ready-to-eat Prunes (about a dozen)
3 tbsp SUNSWEET Prune juice
For the Muffin mix:
300ml milk (semi-skinned or skimmed)
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g oat bran
100g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
100g SUNSWEET Prunes (about a dozen), roughly chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6, and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. Firstly, prepare the Prune puree: place the prunes and prune juice in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Place to one side.
3. Place the oat bran, ground almonds and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
4. Mix the eggs, milk and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir well, then add the prune puree and mix to combine.
5. Stir the chopped prunes into the batter – which will be quite loose – then spoon the batter into the muffin cases, filling each one to the top.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
Breakfast, Desserts and Sweet Treats, LP Prune Juice Recipes,
["Under 500 calories"]4, 9, 30,