Prune Energy Balls
Ingredients(For 20 Persons)
1 cup SUNSWEET Prunes
¾ cup almonds / walnuts / mix
¼ cup Chia seeds
1/8 cup cocoa powder
1/8 cup smooth nut butter
Coconut oil, to blend
Desiccated coconut, for rolling (optional)
Note on measurements: the easiest way to make these is to measure the ingredients out in a cup or other container, and then simply keep the proportions as stated below. We used a standard American “cup” – which holds about 250ml of liquid.
* You will need a blender / food processor for this recipe.
1. Place the nuts in the food processor and blitz for a moment.
2. Add the other ingredients, save for the coconut oil and desiccated coconut, and blend well, until smooth.
3. Add a small amount of coconut oil, a few drops at a time, until the mixture is sticky, and holds its shape when you roll a small amount between your fingers.
4. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, and continue until all the mixture is used.
5. Place a handful of desiccated coconut onto a plate and roll the balls in it, to coat, if using.
6. If you’re in a cold climate, they set right away but a tip is to place in the freezer for about 45 minutes to set, and then store in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will keep for up to a week.
Christmas, Desserts and Sweet Treats, LP Prep Under 15 mins,
["Prep under 15 Mins"]15, 9, 25,