The Original NY Cheesecake
300 g Digestive biscuits
70 g melted butter
A pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon acacia honey (5ml)
500 g Robiola cheese
300 g fresh Ricotta cheese
150 g caster sugar
150 ml fresh cream
50 g natural yoghurt
1 grated lemon rind
1/3 vanilla bean
½ teaspoon pastry flour (2.5 g)
300 g chopped SUNSWEET Prunes
- Blend biscuits with cinnamon, honey and melted butter; work the dough with one hand.
- Place some of the dough in the casserole, shaping the edges first, then the bottom.
- Place the casserole in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Mix Robiola cheese with sifted ricotta cheese.
- Stir and add yoghurt, sugar, grated lemon rind, vanilla, eggs (one at a time), cream and -for last- sifted flour.
- Pour half of the cream in the casserole and add ¾ of the prunes, then pour the rest of the cream.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 160°C for 55 minutes, keeping the oven door open for a further 5 minutes, to let the steam out.
- 10 minutes before it finishes baking, decorate the top with the remaining prunes.
Cooling and Tasting
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for at least 3-4 hours, then place it into the fridge for another 2-3 hours.
- Take it out of the fridge 20 minutes before serving.
The cake can be decorated with raspberry or strawberry marmelade, fruit or chocolate. It is to be consumed by a maximum of 2-3 days and preserved in the fridge.
Desserts and Sweet Treats,