1 garlic clove
400 g potatoes
400 g carrots
400 g leeks
2 vine tomatoes
100 g SUNSWEET prunes
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp mild curry powder
2 tbsp ground cumin
4 tbsp tomato puree
600 ml water
60 g green or brown lentils
salt and pepper to taste
300 g natural yoghurt (3.5% fat)
4 tbsp fresh mint or parsley, chopped
- Peel and finely dice the onions and garlic clove.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut into 1 cm cubes. Slice the leeks and rinse thoroughly.
- Remove the stem of the tomatoes. Roughly dice the tomatoes and prunes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin and tomato puree and cook together while stirring. Add the lentils, pour in 600 ml water, bring to the boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and leeks, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for about 20 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes and prunes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir the mint into the natural yoghurt and serve with the lentil curry.
LP Bone Health, Mains,