Spinach Quinoa Risotto with Sunsweet Prunes
Ingredients300 g quinoa
1 large onion (125 g)
2 cloves of garlic
750-800 ml vegetable stock
30 g butter
300 g ready-to-use baby spinach
150-175 g Sunsweet prunes
100-125 g Gorgonzola
Freshly ground black pepper
Grated lemon rind
30-40 g walnuts
- Rinse the quinoa with hot water in a sieve and leave to drain. Peel the onions and garlic. Finely dice the onions. Bring the vegetable stock to the boil and keep warm.
- Heat 20 g butter in a large (4-5 l) pan. Fry the onions for 3 minutes over a moderate heat until transparent, add the pressed garlic. Sprinkle in the quinoa and fry for 1 minute while stirring. Pour in about 500 ml of the hot vegetable stock, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Wash the spinach and leave to drain in a sieve. Cut the prunes into strips and chop the Gorgonzola into small pieces. Add half of the remaining vegetable stock and the prunes to the quinoa, and leave to simmer over a moderate heat for 10 minutes without a lid, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock. Add the spinach (if necessary in 2 portions), stir into the quinoa risotto until the spinach falls apart. If the liquid has not been absorbed, stir over a high heat until the required creamy consistency is achieved.
- Stir in the remaining butter and Gorgonzola and continue stirring until melted. Season with pepper and, if desired, with grated lemon. Divide the spinach quinoa risotto into portions and, if desired, serve with sprinkled walnut.
Tip: spinach quinoa risotto tastes good as a side dish with roast pork or chicken breasts.
Mains, Sides and Salads